The Nordic Countries and South America have very different realities, traditions, languages and history. But one thing we have in common is, unfortunately, our lack of mutual knowledge. But distances seems to get closer nowadays and with the aid of the new means of communication we can certainly reversed this situation and make a rich interchange between our regions.That’s the reason we have decided to undertake the “North – South – Project” with the certainty that one of the ways to understand and know a culture is through our ears: listening the soundscapes of cities, towns or of any other sample of the country where each composer lives and work.
The idea is to make a CD release of sound works where every composer from the Nordic Countries has to work at least half of his composition with sounds made available by the Latin American composers and vice versa. All other sounds they choose to record themselves has to be put in the sound bank for others to use Every composer will have to finish a new work created from the sound sources available on the project’s web site with a maximum duration of 4 minutes. Therefore, in order to produce the CD, we are about 18 composers involved.
Composers from Scandinavia parts a CD with composers from South America.
|TITLE||North South Project|
1. Chile – José Miguel Candela – Norden Tabolango – De Wind Waait … to Francisco Campos
2. Iceland – Rikhardur H. Fridriksson – Postcards from North and South
3. Argentina – Raúl Minsburg – Rutas y retornos
4. Norway – Natasha Barrett – Rite-3/18
5. Chile – Cecilia García-Gracia – Renacimiento
6. Sweden – Jens Hedman – Icebreaker
7. Brasil – Jorge Antunes – O coleccionador de pedras descalço
8. Venezuela – Adina Izarra – 10?29´N
9. Faroe Islands – Heðin Ziska Davidsen – When Sheep Go South
10. Argentina – Daniel Schachter – broad-A-broad
11. Iceland – Hans Peter Stubbe Tegelbjaerg– ashore…
12. Sweden – Hanna Hartman – The Hot Dogs
13. Colombia – Catalina Peralta – Libertad en caliente y frío
14. Norway – Anders Vinjar – One less than a perfect square
15. Argentina – Ricardo Dal Farra 1957 – Entre mi cielo y tu agua
16. Finland – Petri Kuljuntausta – Heavy-Feather
17. Brasil – José Augusto Mannis – Mosaico Cruzado